Terms and conditions
Please note by submitting your entry, you confirm that you have read and agree with the below terms (the “Terms”).
Subject to clause 3, the Campaign is open to (each a “Participant”) individuals of eighteen (18) years of age or older who submit a Photograph (defined below) in accordance with these Terms:
- The commencement date of the Campaign is 00:01 on 28 September 2018 (“Commencement Date”) and the closing date for the promotion is 23:59 on [November 5th] 2018 (“Closing Date”). Entries made outside the Commencement Date and Closing
Date will not be valid.
- No entry fee is payable.
- Employees and their immediate families of Turner Broadcasting System Europe Ltd., (“TBSEL”), and their respective parent companies, group companies, subsidiary companies and agencies are not eligible to participate in the Campaign.
- Entrants may submit more than one (1) Photograph.
- Each Participant must tag on Instagram @CNNCreate and @IncredibleIndia in a picture taken by the Participant (“Photograph”);
- Each Participant confirms that the Photograph that they have tagged is an original piece created by the entrant, and that the Photograph is its own original work, and that he/she is the owner of any content and that he/she has
all necessary licences, rights, consents, and permissions to authorise Turner to use the content;
- A panel of distinguished and independent judges with appropriate knowledge and experience within the photograph and travel industries (the “Panel”) shall select between September and November 2018 twenty (20) photographs from all
Participants (each a “Selected Photograph”) who have validly submitted their entry in accordance with the Panel’s selection criteria (each a “Valid Entry”).
- The members of the Panel shall be selected by TBSEL in its absolute discretion. The Panel shall not be able to vote or comment on any Photograph submitted by any members of any organisations that may belong to, employees or family
- Turner will publish the Selected Photographs on CNN’s social media platforms; website, located at: http://advertisementfeature.cnn.com/2018/choose-your-adventure/], and on the Ministry of Tourism of India’s website, located at:
[http://www.incredibleindia-tourism.org/]. For the avoidance of doubt, no cash shall be given to the Participant for the use of Selected Photograph.
- Each participant grants TBSEL unrestricted, unfettered and irrevocable non-exclusive rights in all works submitted for entry into the Campaign (or where such rights are owned by a third party, you shall procure that such third
party grants such rights) for TBSEL to use such works in any way it determines in its sole discretion.
- Participants with a Selected Photograph may be required to sign a separate Consent Form containing releases granting TBSEL the right to use their names, voices, pictures and work submitted, without compensation, in any media for
the purposes of advertising/public relations, media training in journalist workshops and publicizing all matters related to the Campaign.
- Each entrant grants to Turner, its licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users, a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, assignable, fully-paid, royalty-free licence, fully sub-licensable, to exercise
all intellectual property rights, in and to all or any part of the Selected Photographs, and exploit the Selected Photographs by any means, including by creating derivative works of the Selected Photographs or for purposes
of advertising and promotion, in any medium now known or hereafter developed.
- By accepting these Terms, the entrant confirms that the Photograph is;
- its own original work, and that he/she is the owner of any content and that he/she has all necessary licences, rights, consents, and permissions to authorise Turner to use the content;
- does not infringe the rights of any third party, including, among others, copyrights, trademarks, privacy or publicity, or other intellectual property rights;
- does not promote any specific political message or trend;
- does not contain any personal information about persons, such as proper names or postal addresses (and, in the case of including any type of personal information, the entrant and/or its parents/legal guardian acknowledge
and accept that such information is disclosed to the public, which will be the solely responsible for any consequence of such disclosure due to a fault of the entrant and/or its parents and/or legal guardian and that
will hold Turner harmless with respect to any related losses or damages in which Turner may incur);
- does not violate any applicable law;
- does not contain references to pornographic, indecent or inappropriate activities, sexual or racist insults or connotations, offensive language, obscenities or any material that is libelous or defamatory, nor may it offend
or disparage groups or individuals, including, but not limited to, degrading attitudes based on in race, gender or religion;
- does not make reference to brand names, logos or registered trademarks other than those related to the names, logos or trademarks of Turner; and
- does not denigrate Turner or any other person or party related to the Campaign, or communicate in any way messages that are not consistent with the goodwill associated with them.
- Each participant hereby consents that TBSEL may share the information you provide with the distinguished organisations that support the Campaign.
- Participants hereby agree that they shall participate in reasonable publicity resulting from the Campaign, including but not limited to interviews, if requested to do so by TBSEL, and consent to TBSEL using their name, photograph
and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity relating to the Campaign.
- TBSEL reserves the right to change the format of the Campaign and/or delay or postpone the Campaign or any stage(s), in whole or in part due to reasons beyond its reasonable control, without liability to the entrant.
- The Campaign shall be covered and construed with the laws of England.
- By submitting your entry, you confirm that you have read and agree with these rules.