A new perspective
For those looking to explore a new perspective on the world, the RICOH THETA is a revolutionary camera that allows photographers to capture the complete scene, without missing a single detail. In the SR360 competition, photojournalists are submitting their RICOH THETA images, showcasing the creative and journalistic opportunities of a 360 degree camera.
Find out how to win.
Find out more about RICOH THETA at the official product site
Our two judges selected for the project.
This Month's Winner
Prior to a World Cup game, the sense of anticipation among the expectant fans is building. This 360 degree image captures the overflowing of fans from the area on the ground floor to the first floor balconies and gives a real sense of the atmosphere of the event.
I had to get out of the crowd after the first half, it was tighter, hotter, and smellier than last time. Kansas citizens are ravenous soccer fans! the "KC Live" block of the power & light entertainment district was packed beyond capacity an hour before the match.
Believed to be the world's first 360 panoramic of a tornado in progress. This was taken near Alpena, SD on 6/18/14.
Honorable Mentions - July
- Michael Dawsonfast freight
- john chambersgeorgia state capitol
- DAN SMIGRODDance Recital
- Mark KalanKissing in the elevator
- Andy ZouMarch against monsanto may 24, Union Square
- Baron Cflamingoshoe sweatshop
- Bill SharpStreet Musicians abound in Galena
- Tom HanleyBeach Erosion
- ed Linnhurrying to work
- Dan TreeBroken Grid
- Tim CeleskiArt Festival Street Scene
- Robert SchmidtCholla Cactus
- baojun huangthe spring
- rob pembertonfront yard INDEPENDENCE day celebration - 3
- Stan moshmanRecreation of ruins of the temple of Hera. Note Two live statues
- James CardwellDining Hall
- mark maranojohn chestnut park
- andrew melicharfirst look
- Matthew WheelerPhone room
- Dan SmigrodFire mountain Inn